There is nothing like a local YMCA to bring a community together, and the St. Cloud Area YMCA is no exception. In fact, as our community grows bigger, so does our Y.
The new YMCA facility is under construction just across the street from its current location at 1530 Northway Drive in St. Cloud. A new, larger community center with an indoor aquatics center will bring kids, families, and community members together to celebrate youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility!
The Y is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring access to quality facilities and programs, regardless of a family or child’s ability to pay. A cornerstone of the Y’s success is the fact that they aim to enrich all members of the St. Cloud community regardless of gender, age, race, religion and economic status.
The Y is all about families and our community. Its programs and activities serve all ages with the mission to build strong kids, healthy families and an energetic community. Annually, the Y has provided more than $200,000 in financial assistance with the help of our generous community!
Here are just a few ways you can get strong with the YMCA:
- Family Fitness: Exercising as a family sets the foundation for lifelong health. Taking walks together, playing a game of basketball, even hitting the pool for water fun is a great way to get fit as a family!
- Youth Sports: The YMCA prides itself in offering youth sports programs that help develop the skills needed to go on to become a competitive athlete! We offer flag football, soccer, volleyball, basketball and more. Parents are encouraged to be involved as volunteer coaches working side by side with their kids.
- Group Exercise Classes & Rainbow Room: While mom and dad get fit in one of our many group exercise classes, kids can stay active playing in our two-story jungle gym! Kids 10 years and older are welcome to join their parents in the group exercise classes.
- Swim Team: Perfect your technique, get in a great workout, and build endurance. The Gator Swim Team is for ages 6-18 and our Masters Swim team is for our adult swimmers.
- Volunteering: The YMCA offers many volunteer opportunities for families and individuals. From our fitness events to fundraising to our great events, you can make a difference in our growing community!
For more information on the St. Cloud Area YMCA, check out our website at scymca.org or stop by for a tour. Welcome to the community!