First, welcome to the area! Because of you, our community is growing stronger and more vibrant! And because of that, our area YMCA is undergoing a growth stage as well! We are excited to have you join us as we grow into a new facility. A new, larger community center that will bring kids, families and community members together to celebrate youth development, healthy living and social responsibility!
Second, let me introduce you to the our YMCA: The Y is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring access to quality facilities and programs, regardless of a family or child’s ability to pay. A cornerstone of the Y’s success is the fact that we aim to enrich all members of the St. Cloud community regardless of gender, age, race, religion and economic status. To date, this year we have provided more than $200,000 in financial assistance with the help of our generous community!
And finally, we are all about families and our community! Our programs and activities serve all ages with the mission to build strong kids, healthy families and an energetic community.
Here are just a few ways you can get strong with the YMCA:
• Family Fitness: Exercising as a family sets the foundation for lifelong health. Taking walks together, playing a game of basketball, even hitting the poolfor water fun is a great way to get fit as a family!
• Youth Sports: The YMCA prides itself in offering youth sport programs that help develop the skills needed to go on to become a competitive athlete!
We offer flag football, soccer, volleyball, basketball and more! Parents are encouraged to be involved as volunteer coaches working side by side with their kids!
• Group Exercise Classes & Rainbow Room: While mom and dad get fit in one of our many Group Exercise classes, kids can stay active playing in our two-story jungle gym! Kids 10 years and older are welcome to join their parents in the Group Exercise classes!
• Swim Team: Perfect your technique, get a great work out in and build endurance. The Gator Swim Team is for ages 6-18 and our Masters Swim team are for our adult swimmers.
• Volunteering: The YMCA offers many volunteer opportunities for families and individuals. From our fitness events to fundraising, you can make a difference in our growing community!
For more information on the St. Cloud Area YMCA, check out our web site at scymca.org or stop by for a tour! Welcome to the community!